Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cerasee Tea...... Body Purge

Good morning my beautiful followers. Hope all is well on this gorgeous Tuesday. I'm posting an early morning experience. I must say this is the first time I ever, ever felt like crying while drinking a cup of tea. Not because it was finishing too soon but because it was the most bitter tea I have ever tasted. I have drank bitter tea's before but this one right here was of the charts bitter. I'm talking about Cerasse Tea or as some people know as Collie Paw paw Tea.
I was researching the benefit of teas over the week and came upon Cerasse/Collie Paw paw Tea. I know in Grenada my grandparents had a wild vine growing in the front yard. And I will go pick these little yellow papua and suck the red seeds inside, not knowing the benefits of the bush itself.
Some information on this ... It is a very bitter herb, but like every other bitter herb, it purifies the blood and the body. Cerasee contain nutrients like iron, vitamins A and C, phosphorous and alkaloids, thus its effectiveness in so many ailments it is also very effective in relieving constipation, fevers and colds in children. The tea decreases menstrual cramps and can also treat urinary tract infections.  Tea made from the leaves and vines can treat parasitic worms, liver problems, as a tonic, and as a blood and body cleanser. This herb has detoxifying properties which is wash to purge and wash out the body. The leaves crushed and rubbed (to get the juice extracted) in a bath with water is used to bathe in to treat skin ailments such as rashes, atopic dermatitis (eczema), sores.

IMPORTANT SIDE EFFECTS....Too much bitter melon or taking it with other glucose-lowering medications or taking it when your blood sugar is already low can produce the opposite effect of decreasing your blood sugar too much. AltMD states bitter melon can interact with diabetes medications, including insulin, chlorpropamine, phenformin and glyburide, causing severe hypoglycemia, or dangerously low blood sugar levels. Milder side effects include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, but bitter melon can also cause stomach ulcers. Bitter melon is toxic to children and should only be taken by adults. Bitter melon can be used to bring on menses, so don't take it if you are pregnant.( Please do research first.)

I must admit their are great benefits, but this thing is BITTER. This is my first try I will try again tonight....maybe..(a Big maybe)

Let me know if you guys ever tried it....Cyber waves..:-)


2 comments:

  1. yes I have tried it and I like it It's bitter and nasty but I can deal with it. I thank God for creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like appreciate this post also,people need to know the benefit of this tea.Great cleanser.

    ReplyDelete