Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A vacation can Benefit You...:-)

Hello my wonderful people. Did you miss your Favourite Care posts?
I know I missed blogging, but i was on a much needed vacation. And let me just say EVERYONE should have a vacation at least once a year away from the hustle and bustle of city life.The beach was a beautiful white sand and blue water you can see your toes in it. The moon looked even closer on that island that I could not pass on a moonlight walk. If it's possible find a Caribbean destination. hint,hint "The Spice Isle of the Caribbean...Grenada".. :-)

And it is a scientific FACT as stated by Primary care physician Natasha Withers from One Medical Group in New York that "Rest, relaxation, and stress reduction are very important for people's well-being and health. This can be accomplished through daily activities, such as exercise and meditation, but vacation is an important part of this as well,". Withers lists a decreased risk of heart disease and improved reaction times as some of the benefits from taking some time off.
Another psychologist Francine Lederer, a clinical psychologist in Los Angeles who specializes in stress and relationship management said , "The impact that taking a vacation has on one's mental health is profound,".

Even noted as important is that Most people have better life perspective and are more motivated to achieve their goals after a vacation, even if it is a 24-hour time-out. This is so true during and after my vacation I was so inspired and motivated about my work ahead and what I needed to do.

We also know that the mind is very powerful and can help with healing, so a rested, relaxed mind is able to help the body heal better.
Neuroscience shows that we require down time in order for our bodies to go through the process of restoration. It is only when we are safe from external stresses that our bodies can relax enough to activate restoration.

I have so many fab pics I want to post but I'm sure if you google Grenada you guys will see a ton of them from that gorgeous and beautiful island.....
Cyber waves..Favourite Care is Back.





Close look you will see a rainbow over the water.




















No comments:

Post a Comment